The Olimpiada Inocentilor, or “Olympics of the Innocents,” is a two-day community-wide celebration held each Spring in Bistrita, to raise awareness and celebrate children with special needs. Hundreds of children and volunteers participate together in creative cultural, athletic, music and outdoor activities.
Olimpiada Inocenților 2017
Pre-Event Day – Wednesday, May 10, 2017 – Afternoon Activities, Evening Concert, Lantern Lighting,
Olimpiada Event day – Thursday, May 11, 2017
For both days the location is the park in front of the Culture Palace in Bistrita.
If the weather will not be appropriate for outdoor activities, the location will be moved to « Sports Arena » Bistrita, Vasile Conta Street, no.1, Bistrita.
A) Pre-event day – Wednesday, May 10, 2017
The agenda of the pre-event day:
- Afternoon – “Role Play” activities – we want to sensibilize the local community about the problems of the children with disabilities. Through this active learning method, based on exploring the participant’s experience, we will offer to each person a scenario where each healthy person will have to follow a default route where will have the opportunity to play the role of a disabled person.
- Evening Charity concert in City Center
- The fundraising campaign “Lanterns for Inocenti” and charity raffle.
B) Olimpiada Event day – Thursday, May 11, 2017, 2pm – 6pm
Olimpiada Inocentilor, the XI edition will include the following:
- Opening Parade
Sports activities (basketball, table tennis, football, games, athletics)
- Artistic activities (dances, songs, poems, paintings, drawings)
- Complementary activities (face painting, painting plaster forms, etc.)